Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 341 I Do Not Prefer The Pear

Today, I had a pretty good plan for lunch, but it turned out to be only half a plan and half a dirty, rotten, under-ripe disappointment. As everyone knows, I do not relish fruit, but I eat it because it's healthy and it must be done. For lunch I packed a half a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, an orange (loath them), and a pear. I was pretty excited about the pear, as something to help wash down the orange, but my excitement was premature. I don't remember the last time I ate a pear, but it's been a while, I saw them at the grocery and thought they were a good alternative to my usual Granny Smith Apples. This particular evil pear was a trickster, it looked OK, green, firm, looked like a pear, but when I cut into it, I had to saw it with the knife, I sawed and sawed and sawed until Carpel tunnel syndrome set in. I sawed for quite a while and finally had to get down to the business of eating as I had an appointment to get to. I tried to eat said pear, but it was like chewing on someone's empty soul and tasted about the same, I had to abandon the effort and toss it. The good thing is that the orange was pretty tasty after the pear, perhaps the universe is shifting.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: