Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 346 and 347 Eggplant Enchiladas

Mmmm, I am happy and full of squash at the moment, it was a very good day food wise and I am happy with my edible bounty. Yesterday, I discovered something delicious at Whole Foods I found the recipe and am going to make it for myself, they were eggplant enchiladas in the hot food area. I bought a small bit to go with my salad and it was honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten! I literally could not get the fork to my mouth quickly enough, I almost ate my own hand. I don't even really like eggplant but this was really, really good! I found the recipe in an LA times article and I'm stealing it! So, here  it is:
Total time: About 1 1/2 hours

Servings: 4 to 6

Ancho sauce

4 dried ancho chiles

3 large cloves garlic, unpeeled

1 teaspoon dried oregano

3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt

1. Remove the stems and seeds from the chiles and place the peppers in a glass bowl. Pour boiling water over to cover by 3 inches and let them soak until very soft, about 30 minutes.

2. Drain the peppers and place them in a blender with the garlic and oregano. Strain the soaking water and add 1 1/2 cups to the blender. Puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a clean, shallow pie plate; season with salt and set aside.

Enchiladas and assembly

4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 medium onion, diced

1 medium red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 -inch dice

1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided

1 medium white eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch dice

2 long, slender zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2 -inch dice

2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican

No comments: