Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 349 Ghost Chili Has Arrived I Must Be Near The End

Today was our office holiday party and I received the best present ever, a bag of dried Bhut Jolokia peppers, otherwise known as ghost peppers. If you have followed my blog at all, you will know that I have been on an endless search for the hottest pepper on earth and now I have found it! I have opened the bag, I have sniffed them, and finally, touched the tip of one to my tongue and it was like a bee sting! I have plans for these ghost peppers, tomorrow, I am going to make chili and I'm going to add the smallest sliver to a whole pot and see what happens, stay tuned....
In other news, I just finished adding up the very conservative plate of food I ate for lunch today, at the party and am happy to say that I have remained faithful to mindful eating. I ate breakfast this morning, so as not to go to the lunch, starving and vulnerable. I chose carefully, small portions of the things that I really wanted to eat and ate slowly and thankfully and I was satisfied. I even had a Nutella cookie for dessert and it was divine. I believe that it's like driving a car in a skid, no matter what, you must keep driving the car, it's the same with eating healthy, no matter what is happening, you must keep a firm grip and be mindful of the situation.

No comments: