Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 149 Brussel Sprouts Are The New Skittles

I know that I have often written about brussel sprouts, but today, I have truly outdone myself, in the area of cruciferous vegetables. The only thing that could have made them better would have been that the sprouts would have come from my own garden. First, I marinated them in brown sugar bourbon marinade, overnight, and then I roasted them until they were a little brown and crispy. I added a little more sugar, as they finished cooking, they were so GOOD! I'm thinking that I need to add them to my family's holiday menus. I know that it's the wrong time of year really to grow them, but I'm hoping the sprouts I planted in my garden do a little something anyway. I am already planning a winter garden and I'm going to try another round, because I hear that they need a freeze to produce the sweetness. I also found a recipe for brussel sprouts with walnuts, sounds like Thanksgiving to me! Memorial day first though, I'm definitely taking some to my parents for the cookout tomorrow. I want to be a spokesperson for brussel sprouts, I think I could get kids to eat them!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: