Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 146 Bust Out The Charcoal I'm Bringing The K'bobs

Today, I went out to look at my garden and cannot believe how great everything looks! The squash plants are really spreading out nicely and we are going to have so much, we'll have to share some of it. We have yellow squash, patty pan squash, zucchini, you name it, if it's squash, we have it. I want to live in the garden, I love the way it smells, I love the dirt, I wish I could just stay out there and watch everything grow, maybe roll around in it...sigh.
Tonight, I'm thinking about the three day weekend and the food that shall ensue, if my mom has a cookout, I'm making grilled vegetables! Back in Indiana, we used to eat at this place called the Rock Wall, they served local stuff, lots of vegetarian options, and all very fresh, not long out of the ground. Anyway, they used to make these fat, grilled tomatoes and serve them with basil and mozzarella, they were like eating steak, that's how good they were. Perhaps, I will throw some of those in the ring, along with grilled corn, onions, and mushrooms. Veggie bobs could work as well, I love grilling holidays!
Oh, ya for dinner I had cold sesame seaweed salad, just thought everyone should know, I love seaweed and I am not ashamed, everyone should try seaweed, it's crunchier than you think.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: