Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 143 Chocolate Hades Cake

Today, I've been thinking about my contribution to the county fair, cake wise that is, the decision is a delicate balance. Last week, my choice was a chocolate strawberry rum cake, but after careful consideration, I fear that rum in the title or ingredients of anything in (location removed) county, Oklahoma will be grounds for dismissal without cause. People around here, at least in a public forum, do not take kindly to alcohol or anything that sounds as if it may have been baked by a hippie. My second choice is an entirely made up concoction, from my head, I love peppers and I love chocolate, so why not some sort of chocolate spice cake, made with dark chocolate and cayenne pepper. Now, let me just say, that I am taking a chance, with a recipe so exotic, I may be asking for trouble. When looking for background on my little town, one need not look much further than a local church cookbook for a picture of community life. Most recipes include  Miracle Whip, or cheese whiz, or a combination of both, spice may be peered upon with suspicion and a demand of a local identification. Regardless of how they feel about peppers in my cake, I feel certain, that I can make them fall in love, with a tiny spicy, fork full, if given the chance, I will win the blue ribbon, oh yes, I will!
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: