Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 141 Doomsday Treats And Rapture Pie

I've been waiting all day for Harold Camping to come out from hiding or for Jesus to peek out from the clouds, neither have happened, but at least I was prepared with snacks and drinks. While waiting for the end of the world as we know it, I had some pretty good guacamole and some oddly bland salsa. It's funny but as I cook more and more for myself, the less impressed I am, when I buy something already made. The guacamole and the salsa were freshly made from Whole Foods, but I have to say, that what I make myself is far superior. The salsa had absolutely NO heat or flavor, it was basically just tomatoes and onions. The guacamole would have been a little better with some garlic, cilantro, and lime juice added.
Tomorrow is my Grandmother's birthday and I may make her a pie, I'm thinking strawberry, but I'm not sure...maybe a mixed berry cobbler, I don't know. I wonder if there is such a thing as chocolate strawberry cobbler? that sounds pretty good! Perhaps, if the Apocalypse does occur after all, I use the pie to distract the zombies at my door...I'll call it rapture pie.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: