Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 Apples Shmapples

Today, I returned from the grocery store with something new, apples. I know, apples are as old and as common as the snakes that push them. Apples are new as far as my grocery list is concerned. I do not prefer them and generally just like to look at them or smell them in candles, but this week, I am going to eat them, along with a bunch of other fruit. I am adding fruit to my repetoire and I'm going try and choke some down every morning. Before I stopped eating out, I rarely consumed fruit, aside from the occasional grape or strawberry, but since I am broadening my experiences, I'm going to find a way to make apples enjoyable and edible. I'm thinking smoothies may be the way to go on this one, which means I may have to get up earlier, not neccessarily a bad thing. Breakfast is the one meal I miss grabbing on the way to work, every day I used to have an egg and cheese buscuit from McDonald's, a hashbrown or two, and a big fat Coke, so greasy, so buttery, so full of fizz and sugar. Ok, enough of that! I'm proud to say that I was 5.00 under budget for groceries today, coming in a 95.00 which should last for about 2 weeks! I am rocking the money saving vibe with this project and still had money left from my last paycheck (a new thing). I also attacked the fridge and have a lovely open space for the tons of vegetable projects scheduled for this week....including the one I've been eyeing from afar. So, my goals for this week, face my fear of fruit, create some new recipes, and celebrate my monthlong victory! Only 11 more to go!

http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Susan said...

Just found your blog and am intrigued! Our family is not heavy on fast food, but am always trying to fit in more fruits and veggies, and generally make things more interesting. Congrats on your success so far!

365 Day Fast Food Boycott said...

Thanks Susan, I'm glad you're following my challenge!