Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21 The Pears Live Next to the Peas

One could describe me as disorganized, I know, those close to me, reading this are shocked! I have been known to eat off of pot lids, when all the other plates were being employed as art trays, or to eat cereal out of a take out container, at critical moments. I am often missing vital kitchen items, so that when I have company, they must bring their own bowls and sometimes spoons. I also sometimes get frustrated, while washing dishes and will just throw things away, leaving me with maybe half a setting of plastic gas station cups.Until recently, my cabinets and drawers had always been a mishmash of canned food, dishes, art supplies, books, and cell phone chargers. About 3 months ago, I discovered that when my kitchen was disorganized, I was more likely to avoid it and to grab something to eat on the way home.There have literally been months, when I have not made a thing in my kitchen, which were probably my most expensive times, food wise. I began to slowly put things into their place and discovered that I enjoyed cooking in my kitchen when I could find my stuff! When the cheese grater was in it's place, I didn't mind shredding a block of cheese for a recipe. When the dishwasher was unloaded of clean dishes, I could add the dirty dishes as I went and keep my space uncluttered for creating. I am not by any means cured of my hodgepodge mentality, I have to keep a tight grip on that pony because, it does not take much for the disorder to come back. During this experiment it is especially important to keep things compulsively organized because if I can't cook, I don't eat, it's that simple. So, as of now, the canned foods are all together, and quite happy, the herbs and spices are in their fragrant little community, and the dishes are stacked calmly in their cabinets. Tonight I made Spinach Goat cheese pizza in an uncluttered and happy space and it was pretty good! I believe that order in one area spreads to order in another and this will be the beginning of a lot of good changes in my life.

http://fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-20-nothing-beets-bowl-of-borscht.html

http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Middle-class Martha said...

Let me know your secret for mismatched socks. I think they multiply while I am sleeping. My kitchen stays pretty clean EXCEPT when I am cooking. Then I Simply must use every bowl and utensil available. Just wondering if your organized kitchen has brought about "good changes" in the laundry room?

365 Day Fast Food Boycott said...

I don't wear socks.