Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29 A Little Bit of Russia On The Prairie

The day has come to meet the beet, as I write, I am in fact, eating the Borscht. It's actually pretty good, but I think the thing I'm most stoked about is the fact that I'm eating several very colorful vegetables at one time. Well, they're all kind of reddish, but when it's all mixed together, it looks kind of like a sunset stew. The beets of course are purpleish, red cabbage, orangey looking tomatoes, very pretty! The sauteed red onions and garlic, give the sweetness of the beets a little punch. All in all, It's a  warm, filling, fragrant, and healthy soup! I have made amends with the beet, here's to trying dirty things and liking them! On the potato front, I have contacted the Washington Potato Commission to bum some Blue potato seed samples for planting! Hopefully we will embark on adventures in Blue potato salad sometime in the future. Part of my mission, aside from the elimination of fake food, is to ingest as many different varieties of vegetables as I can in the next year, a veritable sea of colors and nutrients that I would never encounter in fast food world.
OK, so I don't generally keep track of my weight with scales, I prefer to wait until a button pops off of my jeans to know that I'm fat or I require a safety pin and some twine to hold them up when I'm skinny. I broke my scale rule out of curiosity and it seems as though, I have lost about 7 pounds this month, that's like a sack of potatoes and a bag of sugar! My little plan is working.....down with the clown.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: