Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 Don't Be Shy, It's Just A Brussel Sprout

Last spring, I traveled home to Kentucky for a wedding and never expected to meet the love of my life, I was blown away the instant we met, and tonight, we meet again. Roasted Brussel sprouts, slightly crispy, salty, sweet, buttery magic. They were literally the best thing I've ever eaten but I've been a little hesitant to make them for myself, because I know they won't compare to the precious baby cabbages, I ate at 732 Social. Tonight I am going to attempt my own version but I am even at this moment stalling in the face of this reunion... I'm a little shy. I am also making cauliflower "potatoes" and marinated mushrooms. I just learned about the cauliflower thing and am really happy that there is an alternative to the starchy wonderlove of potatoes, apparently you can just moosh them up and add milk and butter and whatever else and they taste the same! We'll see, it's worth a try. The mushrooms are old hat, easy, and good with everything, a nice way to round out a meal. These three vegetables came to about 5.00 at the grocery store! That's like two or three days worth of lunch and dinner, for less than a value meal, Score!
I have to say that I learned something else really good this week, one of my families took their kids off of soda and have seen some pretty significant behavior changes in a very short amount of time. See, I'm not making it up! Fancy brown soda water is bad, water is good!

www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Jayson Lewellyn said...

.....So how did the Br/Sprt turn out?

Chef/Owner
732 Social

365 Day Fast Food Boycott said...

Well, they turned out pretty good but were pure garbage compared to yours! Guess I'll have to make another trip to Kentucky for the real thing.