Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30 Rhubarb Wishes and Horseradish Dreams

It's true, a major snowstorm is headed for the plains, but that has absolutely no impact on my new plans. Weather be damned it's time to start pondering the garden! It belongs to my mother, but I tell her what to plant and this year, I have an agenda. I am going to do everything in my power to reduce my food budget this summer, by eating as many meals out of the garden as possible. So, I just learned that there are a few things, I can plant in February! Rhubarb, Horseradish, Asparagus, and Artichokes were mentioned and I'm so excited...... I just can't hide it! I'm not certain what to do with a Rhubarb, but I'm sure I can turn it into something edible and I have swirly eyes just thinking of all the shinnanigans I can create with Horseradish. Beautiful, crispy, fresh Asparagus for Easter will be fantabulous, and homemade Artichoke dip will be the double bonus, half flip of spring. The rest of the summer planting is an open door, peppers, tomatoes, and squash are a no brainer, but I want to add lots of things I know nothing about! This will be the most experimental garden yet, I'm stoked!
Dinner tonight is a toss up, I have leftover Borscht but I also have an Eggplant, that's just asking to be diced and roasted with Olive oil and tossed with pasta. Perhaps I'll have both, who says I have to stay in one region for dinner? Russia, meet Italy...in my tummy.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: