Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27 A Tale of Two Taters

First of all, let me just say that, the cauliflower "potatoes" the other night did not work out as well as I had hoped. They were neither delicious nor amazing, no sort of miracle took place with the first bite, they were simply OK, even festooned with cheese and butter. I'm sure there are many more useful and fun ways to eat cauliflower, making it into something it's not is just unfair, both to the cauliflower and to the eater of the lie. Tonight, I am once again on a potato kick and am baking a big fat sweet potato, which I am going to cover with onions, sauteed mushrooms, and Cheddar cheese, a real po'tater! I am also on the hunt for a Russian Blue potato, I saw one on the Washington State Potato Commission website and am now on a one eyed mission to make fries with it. If I am unable to locate said blue potato, I wonder if the Potato commission will send me one to plant!?!
My challenge of the day, was an optical illusion of some sort, I went into what I believed to be a gas station, only to discover a Daylight Doughnuts. I calmly purchased a water, while being assaulted by the sight and smell of angelic flaky pastries, I watched doughnuts placed lovingly into boxes, surely headed for unworthy mouths and hips. Once again, I summoned my steel plated will and walked away pure and doughnut free.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: