Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 306 and 307 Sketti Squash Success

I'm happy to say that I have found an addition to my favorite vegetables repertoire! Last night was the same sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, delicious but getting a little worn and I needed a little change up. Tonight, I decided to try spaghetti squash and I was pleasantly surprised by the vegetable it's self, not really impressed with my version of the recipe. The squash strings reminded me a little of grass noodles with their texture and chewiness. I didn't really know what to add and didn't want to use canned spaghetti sauce, so I went original. I added coconut milk for a little sweet, cayenne for a little spice, green olives for salt, and garlic just because I could. I was not thrilled with this combination, but I will continue to try other additions because the squash was quite nice. I saw a recipe earlier with Feta and black olives, which sounds good, but like I said, I'll keep looking. It would be nice to have seven favorite vegetables so that I have a week long menu of alternative to bread, cheese, and pasta.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: