Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 331 and 332 Here's An Idea

Uuuhhg, I'm ready to wind this challenge down, not because I want to sabotage my health efforts but because I want to take a little break from thinking up headlines every night! I did not blog last night because I couldn't think of a headline and I just didn't want to. I had a great first day back at work, yesterday! It's a bigger challenge to eat fresh at work as opposed to having five days off at home to eat how I please. I still ate fresh just not as accessible I suppose. It would be nice if our vending machine in the clinic had fruit and yogurt and fresh stuff, instead of candy, chips, and soda. I work in mental health and it is obvious to me that nutrition has a role in the care of mental health issues but we obviously have not latched on to that particular concept in our workplace offerings. Instead, I must bring food to work every single day or I must make a trip to the grocery store to obtain said fresh fruit and veggies, and this I have to say is a pain in my ass. If only there were a fast food industry for the healthy! Maybe my establishment would be called Sprouts and it would run like a McDonald's with nothing but fresh whole foods for sale on the dollar menu....maybe someday! In other news, I've lost another two pounds, which is surprising because I ate about four pounds of apples today, go figure.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: