Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 314 Lucky Me

Today, I found out that my car is only going to cost another 250.00 or so to fix and lucky me, it's going to be a Christmas present from my parents. I was off work today and stuck at home due to lack of transpo, so I got my nap time on and later made some sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and sweet corn on the cob. That's good eats right there. I've been looking at recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and found a cake that I mentioned a long time ago but never made it. It's a Cassata cake, or a Ricotta cake, made with marzipan and jeweled fruit. It's so pretty, it would make a great Christmas potluck cake for work. I'm also thinking of roasting some vegetables with chestnuts, I want to do something different and special, because green bean casserole is good, but not very festive. If anyone has any good holiday vegetable recipes, let me know, I'm open to the weird and the never seen.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: