Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 317 and Day 318 Pretend Raw Food

Today, I did a semi raw day, which included an avocado mixed with salsa and black beans, with about four cups of broccoli as my dip vehicle, some spinach, and apples. For dinner, I had veggie sushi and this was all perfectly fine until I decided to try a raw, sprouted, pumpkin bar from Whole Foods. Normally, I really dig sesame seeds and nuts, but this thing was from the depths of raw, vegan hell. It was dehydrated so it was very, very tough and chewy. It took me a good 15 minutes to eat it and I felt as though I was tugging on a piece of linoleum, gross. I feel that if a person is going to eat raw foods, they should not try and manipulate foods into being raw, just eat it naturally fresh! Yesterday was mostly a juice day but I was full and happy, I kept it simple and whole, that's my philosophy. I think that people try and tamper with things too much, if it works, why dehydrate it? I may as well have eaten a handful of pumpkin seeds, it would have made me just as happy and been just as healthy.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: