Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33 Waiting For The Olive Fairy

I just returned from the parking lot. That may sound like a benign sentence, but I assure you that it was a long and arduous journey, all 50 feet of it. Luckily someone shoveled through the chest high snow drift, separating us from the outside world and I was able to reach my car to warm the battery. This will be as far as I get for a few days, as all exits are blocked, there's not a plow in sight, and well, the snow refuses to move it's self. If I don't get out of here soon, I'm going to have to tunnel through the sewer to the grocery store, I'm talking Shawshank style. I'm sick of chili and today I made the worst cornbread anyone has ever made, it literally tasted like I just shook the bag of corn meal into my mouth and swished it around with river water. Right now, I'm chewing gum, the fake strawberry flavor reminds me that there are real strawberries out there somewhere, in a produce section far far away. I really, really miss olives, I know they must still make them somewhere in the world!  If the Red Cross ever finds me, huddled here in my apartment, cold and hungry, perhaps they will bring olives to revive me. OK, enough wishing and hoping, one thing I am thankful for and swimming in, is tea, I have a 100 count box of green tea, ginger tea, Lipton iced tea, and Saw Palmetto herbal tea. So, if the good Lord is willing and the pipes don't burst, at least I won't die of thirstation.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No dying allowed (of thirstation or any other cause)! Don't despair...the olives will wait for you, as will the strawberries. I hope you'll be doing the same thing you do every night (plan to take over the world, of course!) I know I will be. --EM