Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55 Pitch Till You Win Potluck Countdown

Tomorrow is the day I 've been waiting for, because our office potluck is the closest I'll get to a buffet for at least another 10 months. It's kind of like the Super Bowl, who's going to bring their game? Who's going to walk away with bragging rights, who's going to sit on the bench, and who is going to be the halftime show? Let me just say, that I am that show and I'm not inviting the Black Eyed Peas....let's get ready to rumble. So, the line up includes, two people bringing chips and salsa, (somebody failed to read the list) Guacamole is back, which I am now ready for, after a break. Shredded chicken chili, is making an appearance (sadly verbotten in my world), Lil' smokies, (ditto), and a vegetable tray, (score one for my team.) Taco soup, cookies and cupcakes round out the party. I don't know what taco soup is but I'm crossing my fingers that it does not contain any doe eyed cow friends and on the dessert front, it's already shaping up to be a double bonus day if the cupcakes are not just a rumor. I, of course am bringing the super secret, patented baked mac and cheese, I may share the secret, if proper adulation is bestowed upon my creation... hold your breath. Despite my anticipation, one thing about our special lunch makes me very, very sad, I will have to bring my own drink. There will of course be a jewel colored array of sprightly spritzers, none of which are presently welcome in my world. I'll have my H2O clean, on the rocks, with a twist of fluoride please.
All I have to say to my co-workers is BRING IT! Let the chowing down commence.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: