Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48 Lunch Beast Wants Tater Grease

Planning ahead is important, it's so important that I will say it again....planning ahead is important. Today, I did not plan ahead and flew around by the seat of my ever loosening fat jeans and as a result, was famished for most of the day. I'm pretty sure I lost a few pounds just from the effort of keeping my pants up, I was so busy, that I never even set foot in my office, where my bread and cheese are living temporarily. I was on the road from 8 until 4, with no provisions. My co-worker stopped at Sonic twice and I refused to acknowledge the glistening cheese sticks on the menu board, I turned my face away from the light of the sparkling Limeade photos, whispering my name, it could have gone either way, really. I sustained myself with water and a bag of chexmix, from a mini market, which is probably just as bad as any fast food, but I digress. My point is this, I need lunch options that do not require microwaves or refrigerators, so this evening, I have been on the hunt, both for food and  for lunchboxes. I'm proud to say that I have found the superhero of all lunchboxes, the Zojirushi Stainless Steele Bento Lunch Jar With Bag! The "jars" are stainless steel, so no throw aways and no BPA, and the bag is insulated, it says specifically for use when no microwave or fridge is available. The cost is substantial for a lunch bag, 55.00 but compared to what I am saving and the daily usefulness, I think that it's reasonable. My second mini challenge, today is to find a recipe for homemade veggie burgers, I feel that when I buy a box of Morning Star or Bocca Burgers, that I could still be eating better and fresher food, not processed stuff.  This is my  only job tonight so that next week, I will start my week prepared to the max....I will beat the nagging lunch beast in my tummy, who screams for tater tots and cheddar peppers!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: