Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39 A Sucker By Any Other Name

Today, I debate myself, is a Tomato juice from the soda machine a violation of my 365 day oath? Budget wise, I could buy it from the grocery store for less than the machine but health wise, of course not, it's a can of vegetables! I see no violation here. How about a sucker from the bank, is it considered "fast food"? Let's look at the facts, the sucker was free, so no budget impact, the bank was not fast in any way, as I stood in line long enough to earn two suckers, and the health impact of said crappy sucker was negligible. I'm going with no on this one too. My next delima is popcorn, my brother and I are going to a movie this weekend and I am stymied over whether or not I will be a cheater if I buy a tub. I'll bring my own water of course but is it tacky/illegal to bring a bag of microwave popcorn to the show? Don't get me wrong, I always bring my own  drinks, so sneaking it in is not the issue, the issue is that popcorn is an integral part of the movie going experience and I really want some! I just don't know about having a steaming bag of kettle corn wafting from my purse, will they throw me out, will they arrest me? Of course my brother will get popcorn for himself, if he buys it, can I eat it? So many questions! I'm going with a yes, this would be a direct violation, both because of the enormous cost of movie popcorn and the fat/sodium content, it's just not worth it. OK. I'm just going to come up with my own super special movie snackage collaboration so that I won't miss out. When I was little, my granny always brought a bag of  soggy blueberry muffins to the show with us but nary a sip of water... I won't be doing that, in fact, it's the reason I don't eat blueberry muffins today. Perhaps, I'll use my mom's Carmel corn recipe and throw in some fun stuff like slivered almonds and marshmallows, but in a much smaller and more responsible serving than the theater bucket creation. Homemade granola is another possibility, maybe chex mix, who knows, the point is I don't have to play by the theater's rules!Possibilities:1000 Violations:0
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: