Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 49 If I Should Die In A Muffin Battle

Tonight, I am on a humanitarian mission, to create the most natural, calorie filled, chock full of fat muffin, ever baked, for an acquaintance, who is very ill. The muffins cannot have dairy, fruit, spices, or anything overly sugared, and must be soft enough to eat without much effort. So, I have thought long and hard and have settled on Avocado and Cashew butter muffins made with coconut milk and potato flour. I'm not sure if this will work because I'm just making it up in my head, I may have to make several batches before I'm happy with the results. I'm also thinking of adding bananas, as this is the only acceptable fruit and will give them a natural sweetness. If they work, I'm thinking this would also be a great recipe for the parents of picky kids, who need to gain weight. It's really kind of fun, coming up with the fattest ingredients ever, if dairy weren't an issue, I would use full fat cream and maybe add cream cheese to the batter, but as it is, this should be a gut busting calorie builder.
In other pastry news, this morning, I faced my greatest challenge yet, a new co-worker innocently brought me a cinnamon roll, which she had purchased I'm sure from a bakery on her way to work. Baked goods are my weakness and can topple all of my healthy eating, in a flaky second. However, I accepted the cinnamon roll, pinched off a couple of bites, exclaimed how good it was, and stuffed it back into the bag and into my purse, and later into the trash. Was this rude? Where does my challenge end and good manners begin? I feel that I handled it well and did not betray my mission, while at the same time, showing gratitude for a kind gesture.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: