Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51 Spreading The Love and A Little Guacamole

So last Sunday, I revealed how my Grandmother had never tried an avocado, she would buy them, let them rot, and throw them out, she just never knew what to do with them. Today, I gathered the elements, avocados, lime, garlic, and some seasoning, for a trip through the woods to Grandmother's house. Turns out, she was fully expecting a lesson in guacamole making, she had purchased four giant avocados, bringing the grand total to seven, with my contribution. Too much of anything makes me nervous. I only buy enough fruits or vegetables for what I'm presently making, because I panic at the thought of wasting anything and the avocados were ripe, not to mention expensive. This whole situation left me in a tizzy and to further complicate things, my Grandmother had made us both big salads, things were moving too fast. If I added the avocado to the salad, we would be too full for guacamole, but there were so many avocados on the fast track to rotville, it had to be done. OK, so two down with the salad, leaving five, there was no way we would be able to eat ALL of the guacamole before it went bad. We finished our salads and waited....and waited...and waited for snack time, I wasn't hungry and neither was she, but we had to address our bounty. If we postponed the guacamole making session, we would be throwing away a five dollar bill, I knew if I left them with her, she would not cut them at all and I certainly couldn't eat them all in one day! So the lesson began, we used two avocados, made a lovely dip and called my 10 year old cousin to try it. Success, cousin and Grandmother ate it all immediately and scraped the bowl clean, there are now, two new guacamole lovers in the world. My Grandmother now knows how to process them and has one avocado left to do so with, tonight. I took the other two and had them for dinner, crisis averted. I end this day having ingested several very fattening avocados but none the worse for wear, and I have imparted a bit of knowledge on the rest of the world, done and done.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: