Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 56 Macaroni And Magic Potions

Today was the working lunch potluck, the macaroni was good, but for the fact that it was cold by the time chow time rolled around. Sitting through hours of updates, accolades, reprimands, and the ever evolving world of mental health care, all the while, just beyond reach of the cookies, was a tad irritating. My salvation came later in the form of  super delicious guacamole and chips and raspberry injected lemon cupcakes. I'm making it my mission in life to buy a cupcake injector and to morph into some sort of half human, half cupcake queen, master of tiny cakes. After work, I  shared some of my leftover two ton macaroni medley with my family, who deemed it delicious, after reheating and re moistening. Here is the recipe, large enough for a group and then some:

Baked Macaroni and cheese
2 bags of macaroni
3 C of shredded Gruyere cheese
3 C of Shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 pint of heavy cream
1/2 stick of butter
1 C of flavored cream cheese (I used garlic)
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
Boil macaroni as directed on package. In a sauce pan, mix cream, butter, cheese, and cream cheese until melted and smooth, mix with cooked macaroni. Pour into a large baking pan and mix well. If you want to, add additional cheese on top of the macaroni, provolone would be a good topping, although I did not initially use this. Sprinkle the top, lightly with breadcrumbs and bake at 350, until bubbly and lightly brown.

In other news, I am trying one of my own tea recipes, listed on my recipe page, to combat an oncoming cold. I have added a few things and it is extremely potent. I began with green tea, added ginger, cayenne, garlic, lemongrass, and threw in a Saw Palmetto bag, just for giggles. Here's hoping it works, cause I feel a whole heap of yucky at the moment....at least I have 47 pounds of macaroni to make me feel better.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Middle-class Martha said...

If you ever run out of macaroni and cheese....I will have to share my truffle mac and cheese recipe. OH SO GOOD! I don't even like mac and cheese and I was in love.

Best of Luck with the cold!
Middle-Class Martha
www.tres-sucrechocolatiere.blogspot.com