Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47 Take Your Free Wontons And Scram Man

I have no doubt that today would have been a breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant day, if not for this challenge and this blog. To start, I had a very early meeting, with no time to do anything but stuff a piece of toast into my mouth and go, it would have been so easy to swing through the McDonald's drive through for an egg and cheese biscuit and a sugar jolt. Second, my boss had reason for celebration and wanted to take us all out to lunch, but remembered that I am currently no fun and would not participate in the chowing down. Yes, I ruined it for everyone, my job here on earth is done! If we had gone to lunch, I'm sure we would have gone to the Mazzio's buffet, for an all you can eat pizza throw down...I'm inclined to shed a little tear right now. When I finally got home, there was a Chinese delivery menu on my door, with a coupon for free cheese wontons and egg rolls, with a 15.00 purchase! The delivery menu will not go to waste, I am going to use it as a guide for the Chinese recipes, I would like to learn how to re-create in my own kitchen. So, I'm going to add up, what I would have spent today on convenience and comfort food. The value meal would have come to about 5.60 plus a lunch buffet at 8.99 and finally, the 15.00 dollar special from the Rice Bowl for a grand total of 29.59! That's like half of my grocery money for the week. I'm really excited about all of the money I've been saving on food and I just paid off a bill, which was putting me out 120.00/month! I have saved enough money that I don't feel stretched at the thought of buying a much needed, functional phone this weekend. I'm having so much fun, that I'm not missing out on my favorite foods, because I am a master at re-creation, I'm also a much better cook than some pot smoking teenager who probably spits on the biscuits anyway. Six weeks down, go me!
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Middle-class Martha said...

Way to go Circus Girl! I would have cracked by now, like an egg over a steaming bowl of hot and sour egg drop soup. You are AMAZING! I did manage to avoid fast food for 3 days now. I cope by slaving away in my kitchen with my chocolate creations. Today: Dark Chocolate dipped Sea-Salted Caramels and Oreo's.

Keep up the great work!

Love,
Middle=Class Martha
www.tres-sucrechocolatiere.blogspot.com