Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59 Two Months Fast Food Free

So, here it is, today, I have reached 2 months, fast food/soda free!(pause for applause) As I prepare myself for month three, I am super excited by all of the changes which have already taken place. I have saved a ton of money, I've lost a pant size, I've learned about 20 new recipes, and I've become more aware of what I put into my body. I have 10 months left of this challenge, but I cannot see myself, on day 366 pulling into a Sonic for everything I've missed because I don't miss it. I'm not suggesting that I will never eat in a restaurant again, but it will never again be the all out tater tot orgy, it once was. I love trying new foods, so I will probably limit my choices to local restaurants with a very fresh menu, no processed Crappleby's type stuff.
Last night I made something really good and I want to share it, because, let's face it, there are days, despite my good fortune, when  I make bologna bupkus for dinner...doesn't always work out. So here it is, one of my better creations:

 Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

Portabella Mushroom Caps ( I live alone so I used 1)
Whipped Cream cheese 1 Large spoonful per cap
Chopped chives a sprinkling
Italian breadcrumbs 1/3 C
1 egg
Olive oil
Chopped onion (a handful)

Mix cream cheese, chives, onion, egg, and breadcrumbs together. Drizzle oil over mushroom and stuff with mixture. Drizzle again, once mushrooms have been stuffed. Bake at 350 until mixture is firm, broil for about 3 minutes, until browned.

Bring on month 3 you demented onion ring pushers!

www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: