Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 Monster Trucking To The Market

I have come down from the mountain and the world looks a mite different than it did a week ago. Thanks to global warming and the mayor's confusion over how to move snow from one place to another, there is still a lot of it and most of it is between me and the market. Today, my family drove 25 miles in their ginormous, snow slaying, pansy car squashing, monster truck to take me to the grocery store and once again I have enough food to keep myself kicking for another week. The shelves weren't fully stocked and there were limits on what one could buy, but I managed to get a few things, I'm looking forward to. Tonight, I'm making a favorite for myself; I really miss eating in my preferred Mexican restaurants during this year long challenge, so I'm making cheese enchiladas with guacamole and rice, YUM!  I'm hoping these avocados don't make me cry like the ones from last week, such a tragedy, they were moldy, when I cut them. I was so looking forward to them, I almost scraped the mold off, but my fear of Botulistic Shagalosous held me back and ration prevailed, no amount of lime was gonna freshen those precious, dead avocados. More snow is coming in the next few days and I am going to get creative with some beans, how creative you ask? Creative enough to blow your hair back, my friends, it's gonna be a windy week here on the plains! Also, this week, in honor of an old friend and a tragic break-up, I'm making dump cake, say so long to the past, eat some cake, and move on!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspott.com

No comments: