Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46 IHOP Into The Kitchen To Make Breakfast

The best thing about my day, today, was the roasted squash I had for breakfast...that's right, I had squash for breakfast! I woke up with plenty of time to spare, an aging yellow squash in the fridge, and the realization that today was going to be a very long day, with little time for lunch, so I made squash. I sliced it, tossed it in olive oil and Italian breadcrumbs and stuck it in the oven, it roasted while I dried my hair. I don't think there's anything wrong with vegetables for breakfast, it's certainly healthier than Crunchable smack jacks with marshmallows and chocolate covered sugar cubes. While I was growing up, I always preferred a sandwich or leftovers from the night before, to muffins or sugary cereal for breakfast. In my quest for how the rest of the world eats breakfast, I discovered www.mrbreakfast.com which is devoted to nothing but the preparation of the first meal of the day. I found a universe of recipes for omelets, quiche, scrambles, and souffles. I have to say, that I am most intrigued by the chili onion oatmeal, once again, an alternative option to a food that is traditionally sweet, I can't wait to try that one. There's even a section on crock pot breakfasts, where I found crock pot Omelet casserole, I love breakfast! One early morning recipe I can't quite wrap my mind around, is beans and toast...I don't get it, beans are good, toast is good, but I think never the two should meet. I think tomorrow I will start my day with a whimsical sounding recipe, Eggs Piperade, basically a garlic and bell pepper omelets, I just like the name, sounds like a fun way to start the day. Eat your veggies...for breakfast!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: