Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 238 Surviving And Thriving

My kitchen smells like my Great-Granny's kitchen, when we used to go down to Tennessee to visit. She would have every burner occupied including the oven, the table was so loaded with food, it seemed like lunch took days to finish. Tonight I'm having white beans, fried potatoes, and homemade cornbread. I've been cooking the beans for a few hours now and I'm about to deem them done. Earlier, my mom came to pick me up, as my car is still in the shop, to make a trip to the grocery store. I was very judicious in my selections, as the next three months will be a little tighter with the car repair. I have lots of beans, rice, eggs, baking mix, potatoes, and peanut butter, this should be enough to last at least until next week. I can make lots of pancakes, omelets, and sandwiches, if I know nothing else, it's how to survive when things are shaky and that means cooking more from scratch, less packaged stuff from the store. Here's to not just surviving but thriving and paring down to make it work!

No comments: