Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 64 Never Before Seen Tanzanian Movie Fritters

At this very moment, there is a miracle taking place in my kitchen, the vegetable fritters are in the making and I am muy emocionado, that means I'm flipping ecstatic...I think. This recipe is a rework of the Tanzanian potato balls, I've never made veggie fritters before and I'm making up the ingredients, but I think they will be fabulous. The potato balls didn't work as well as they would have, if I had flattened them out and added something to firm them up, so I'm starting with potatoes again and adding fresh corn, onions, and zucchini, as well as corn meal, eggs, and a tiny bit of red curry and coconut. I was feeling a little unoriginal today, until I  returned to the bankrupt Border's store to find some more closeout swag and I found two Saveur cooking magazines for 50% off. One of the articles was about the world's most original chefs and I found myself daydreaming of a midlife career change from social worker to world famous food artist. So, I'm trying out the fritters, hoping that they live up to my lofty expectations of completely original recipe and career changing inspiration. They're also my movie snack food for later, as I'm going to see The Black Swan with friends....that's kind of original, I bet no one else will have movie fritters.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: