Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 69 Veggie Match Raw Let's Get Ready To Rumble

I have to say that I felt a little patched together, nutritionally speaking today, I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, instead, snacking on leftover trail mix in the car. (I've been eating this damn trail mix since Monday) I was in the car and out of my surroundings all day long and felt the pull of fast food world all around me. I can really tell a difference in my mood and how I approach my day, if I haven't eaten well. I was focused on food the entire day, but never really addressed it, so when I had a few hours between appointments, around dinner time, I stopped at the grocery store and bought a frozen pizza, which is just as bad if not worse than fast food.  This is what happens, when work and life become unbalanced. Tomorrow, after everything is done, I'm going to make myself a really nice dinner and I'm thinking about having a raw food weekend, I think a little re-energization is just what I need, because really, I'm only on day 69, I have a long way to go, and I cannot flake out now. I need variety, I need novelty, I need another vegetable to dominate. I've only made a couple of raw recipes in the past and one was just a lettuce wrap, with veggies and guacamole inside, I'm sure I can come up with something interesting and "alive" I'll just have to look around and use my imagination. If I had a juicer, I would do a juice fast, that would be fun....and uh cleansing (results which would need no blog post)
OK, I'm game for raw recipes, please share......anyone? anyone? anyone? This will be an adventure to help me stay in the game, let's rumble.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out thIS website - http://www.rawintentions.com/, Denise, the lady that runs it does "uncooking" classes around Tulsa and has lots of recipes posted online!

So proud of you! I will be anxious to hear/read how your raw weekend goes.

-CASSIE