Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 78 My Dirt, My Sandwich What Else Do I Need?

Well, my car has been hospitalized and probably won't make it, we may have to pull the plug on Monday. Luckily, my mom came by today to take me to the grocery store for a few essentials. I can't say that I'm really hungry, earlier, I picked all of the raisins and M&M's out of the trail mix and I ate some tortilla cheese wrap thingies. That may not sound like much, but it all took place AFTER the grilled PB&J. So, anyway, I'm not making dinner tonight, I'm all comfort fooded out. Any other night, pre-challenge, would have been way worse, Mazzio's would have been at the door hours ago and I would have been feeding dollars into the soda machine in my backyard for the soothing fizz of brown sugar water. At the moment, the world spins out of control but I can at least control this and I'm not spending money I may need to bury my car next week.
On the gardening front, my mom's dirt patch is all tilled up and ready for planting, tomorrow, I'm going to make a list of everything we're going to put in. We always start with snap peas in May, which we usually mostly eat off of the vine for fun and maybe make a couple of pots with the rest. This year, in the interest of not being wasteful with the food we grow, I'll have to come up with some recipes that use snap peas, maybe some stir fry dishes, with curry ooooooh yeah! Gonna make those peas work for us. I'm really going to push for pie pumpkins too, I love them stuffed and baked in the fall, soooo good with Gruyere cheese. Anyway, these are the things I control, dinner and planting, maybe tomorrow, I will be able to add something else.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: