Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66 Old Navy VS. The Value Meal

Today, I discovered that my former expenditures on fast food and soda, have been replaced by Old Navy. I'm so excited that I can buy smaller sizes that I now have smaller sizes in many different colors and prints. I have pants, I have shirts, I have more pants, and lots more shirts. Trading in cheese fries for 2 pairs of cords is totally worth it. Why didn't I think of this before? One week of sodas adds up to five 5.00 t-shirts and a pair of jeans is about 7 days worth of egg and cheese breakfast value meals at McDonald's. I feel rich, I feel slightly thinner, and I feel pretty flipping great right now. Sigh.....I also found a great new water bottle today, so that I don't have to schlep from one building to another, filling tiny cups with Culligan water (my office does not have a sink). I like my water habit, it's pretty much always free, I don't have to stand in line to get it, I don't have to exchange germs with fast food employees to quench my thirst, it just works out really well for me! Not to mention, water won't cause a sugar stroke, allowing me to drink till my heart is full without going blind or losing a kidney. Since giving up soda, I've cut about 1000 calories a day by drinking water,  diet soda is worse for your body health wise, so I would not event think of switching, water is safer. I think everyone reading this should look at what you're drinking right now and trade it in for some aqua.....do it!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Middle-class Martha said...

LOVE IT! Keep up the good work! You look great and are totally inspiring to me to "think" about giving up my diet soda addiction :-)