Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84 You Gonna Eat That Can Of Peas?

Ahhhh, Friday is here! I love Friday even more than Saturday, because I still have a full day in between the week and dreadful Sunday, the day before Monday. Even a terrible kitchen tragedy cannot dampen my weekend spirit. Earlier I was in the process of making dinner, when I dropped a pan of french fries on my foot, this may not sound like a tragedy to some, but it fell on my pirate foot, the one I almost left in the road a couple of years ago in a car accident. I'm fine now, but I lost the fries. I made Portabella "burgers" and another round of taters and I am stuffed like a chicken.
OK, I have a challenge for anyone who may stumble upon my words, I'm asking kindly that you go to your pantry, cabinet, or garden, and choose a handful of things, two or three or more and give it to your local food bank. The food pantries in my area are woefully short on food and I have no doubt that this is the case elsewhere. Some offer little more than pastries and some limit families of any size to choose between either a chicken or a package of hot dogs for their meat options. Think about what you would buy for your own families and buy accordingly. Many families are stretching their paychecks but make too much for food stamps, so if you are blessed, help someone out. If your town doesn't have a food pantry, donate to a church or make dinner for a lonely neighbor, come on you know you're dying to share the love and the sloppy joes you're having for dinner, go do it!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: