Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65 Two Thumbs Down For Potato Eggrolls

Well, the vegetable fritters were not the miracle I had hoped for, the form was a ten but the taste was a five. First of all, there was way too much potato and not enough vegetable, so next time, I plan to shred the potatoes raw instead of forming them out of the smooshed kind and adding red and green bell peppers, more zucchini, and maybe mushrooms. Second, garlic and salt are a must, they were a little lacking in anything resembling flavor, blah, blah, bland, even with the curry! Today, I tried to redeem the leftover fritter mix, by inserting it into egg roll wrappers, brushing them with oil, and baking them, that was a big fat fail as well. My Grandmother didn't even finish her eggroll and I saw her sneak it into the trash later, good thing we had a big fat salad to save the day. I will keep working on the fritters until they're presentable and edible and I'll find other appropriate egg roll ingredients, because potatoes are not it. This is what happens when I do not follow a recipe and just make stuff up as it pops into my head......a house made of Rye bread, yep that sounds good, where's the yeast?
My amazing food discovery of the day was White Stilton cheese with cranberries at Whole foods, I LOVE CHEESE SAMPLES! I'm definitely going back to get some when I go grocery shopping next week. I'm not quite sure what to do with it except to eat it with crackers, so I'm going to look for recipes I can create around it. I love looking at cheese, smelling it, eating it, maybe someday I can be a cheese farmer...or a goat farmer, who makes cheese.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: