Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 89 Doing The Water Cooler Dance

Today, I am thrilled, overjoyed and happy beyond belief, today my life became easier and a tad more hydrated. For almost two years, I have spent my days in an office made of aluminum, with no water, no bathroom and until recently, windows falsely believed to be un-openable. Well, today, my dry little corner of the world received a little rain storm called Culligan. That's right, jugs and jugs of cold, accessible water and cups! Oh, the tiny, tiny cups! Yesterday, the Culligan guy came to find a locked office, he left a note and I was on his trail, early this morning. I re-arranged my schedule to receive our precious water cooler and waited and waited.....and waited. I purposely did not make my daily trek, over to the clinic to sip out of their supply, no I waited, because I knew he would roll up, as soon as I left the office. By the time he arrived, I was parched and withering away from dehydration. I waited, while he found an outlet, I was patient, while he found the paperwork for me to sign, I listened carefully to his directions on how to peel the sticker off of the water jug before placing it on the cooler. Finally he was finished, I heard the sweet gurgle as he dropped the jug in place, I was getting antsy. Mr. Culligan left the office, with a good day and a see ya next month, but something was amiss, there were no cups! I raced out the door, like a track star, WAIT!!!!! WAIT!!! WE NEED CUPS MR. CULLIGAN!!! He had cups, he had sleeves and sleeves of cups, we were saved. I was so thirsty, I almost just put my face underneath the spigot for a long cool drink, but I didn't I sipped it like a lady who's been roasting in the desert for 40 days. I never thought water would make me so happy, having it nearby will most certainly help me in my mission to stay hydrated and to stay away from soda....tomorrow will be 90 days! Go me!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: