Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 74 BBQ Slug Anyone?

Before I get to my dilemma, I have to tell a story, it's a true story. Lots of people all over the world eat grubs, I am not yet one of those people, nor do I intend to become one anytime soon. I do wonder though if there may be something to grub eating? My mom and dad burned off their garden last week to prepare for plowing and in the process stirred up a whole army of grubs scratching for survival. My parent's Border collie immediately went for the "cooked" grubs, while their Jack Russell went for the raw ones. Today, while planting blueberry bushes, my mom pointed out a lone survivor to the Jack Russell and he ate it like a bacon treat. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing, maybe grubs are better than Tofu, who knows!
So, on to my dilemma, on Thursday, I have to take some of my work kids to an adventure retreat type thing, way out in the sticks. This place, the Canebreak is a really swanky place, with an excellent restaurant. The restaurant will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's free, it's all day, and I don't know what I should do. It's not fast food, but I have sworn off all restaurant food, thus my dilemma. Do I take my own food, alter my rule, or what? My instinct is to take my own food, but then, I will have no place to store anything, as we will be outdoors all day. I'm so confused, I don't want to break my stride, but I don't want to be ridiculous either. I need some help in deciding, ideas are welcome.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Tamara Reif said...

I THINK THAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO CHOICE, YOU NEED TO EAT. jUST MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES AS TO WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO EAT. sTAY STRONG, YOUR DOING SO GOOD KEL.