Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81 Bean Pie Making Tulip Farmer

My car is almost ready and I'm so happy, I truly do not prefer depending on other people for rides. Today, I left my office, with the intention of walking to Warehouse Market, which is a little bit across the street, only when I got to the end of the sidewalk, the distance seemed really far to walk on my pirate leg so I turned back around and asked one of my co-workers for yet another lift. I could only buy certain things due to time between store and fridge, so I ended up just getting a squash, two avocados, some salsa, and tortilla chips. That is what I had for dinner. It's funny how something as stupid as losing transportation can affect everything else, including how and when I eat. This is a lesson for me to be more understanding when someone has several obstacles in the way of something that to me should be easily overcome. I'm lucky, my co-workers live close by and are able to help me out, what if I knew no one, what if I had no resources to get my car fixed? What if that meant, I couldn't get to work, lost my job, and became homeless and hungry? I'm not being funny, most of us are only a paycheck away, every month from this very situation. It's kind of scary how dependant we are on people, on cars, on a paycheck for our survival. My dream is to someday become self sufficient or at least enough so that I can get through a season, without having to grocery shop for food. Car's broken? It's OK, dinner is in the garden and dessert is in the orchard, no toilet paper? No problem, I'll knit some from that sheep in the yard! Lost your crappy job? No worries, we can sell bean pies and tulips by the roadside, people with real jobs will buy, I'm sure of it.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: