Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 86 Steal This Vegetable

Sunday is usually the day when my Grandmother makes me lunch, today, I made lunch for her, my aunt, and my cousin, because she wasn't feeling well. Grandmother sent me to the store with instructions to bring back stuff to make lunch, along with her credit card. I expected to come out with a few things, under 15.00, but apparently grocery prices have gone up since last week! I bought bread, tabbouleh, bean salad, chicken salad for my Grandmother, ham for my aunt, brownies for the kid, and milk, which came to 35.00! I am going to eat slowly and frugally until gas prices go back down or until the farmer's market starts up again, which could mean cheap eats for a very long time. My food plan for the next few days at least revolves around the black beans I have soaking right now. I bought tortillas, cheese, and .49 avocados for burrito lunches this week. I'm thinking about joining a vegetable co-op this summer, as everything is local and will not have heavy transportation costs added in, of course what my mom grows in her garden will be free aside from the manual labor of harvesting it, I don't mind slinging dirt for my dinner. I think, also I'm going to plant some things on my back porch in pots. Maybe some tomatoes or something, if people steal them, they steal them, in fact, maybe I'll put a sign on them, encouraging people to take them, everyone deserves a good tomato!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: