Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 75 Local, Fresh, Seasonal Does Not Spell Fast Food

I'm too busy to cook, I'm too busy to eat, I'm really too busy to be sitting here in the blogosphere, but I'm loyal if nothing else. I still have not decided what to so about the retreat food tomorrow, Perhaps I'll look at the menu online to determine the health factor and since it's free, it's not an issue of spending money I don't have. How different is this from a potluck? I don't know, it just depends on the fresh factor, the type of food, and the preparation. Am I being silly? I just don't want to ruin 75 days of hard work, by eating something that doesn't jive with my philosophy and my challenge. OK, so if I eat the food or not, I'm most definitely taking snackage for myself, my co-worker, and the kiddos. Maybe some fruit, some trail mix, cookies, crackers? I'm sure that since they will have the kids swinging from vines and stuff that they will have water for the sweaty little beggars, I would hate for them to waste away from dehydration before I get them home to their parents. I just took a break to look at the menu and it says local, wholesome, and natural, they have a seasonal menu too. I don't know if the three meals are already chosen or if they have vegetarian options, it all sounds really doable, so I'll just have to follow my judgment and my gut as to the rules of this challenge.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: