Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71 A Berry Berry Good Deal

Today was the Home and Garden show and I was solidly prepared for the day with healthy snacks and drinks, while away from home. I started off my morning at whole foods, in the fruit section, apples for everyone, bottled water, dried snap peas, and sesame spelt trail mix. I actually stepped outside of my healthful ideology and bought my mom and brother a couple of cans of Blue Sky. It is soda and I did buy it, but I did not partake, it was solely for them, knowing their thoughts on anything healthy. So, I have broken no promises in my attempt at good family relations. Needless to say, no one was impressed by my efforts and my brother promptly bought a foot long hot dog at the show, while my mom made faces at the snap peas. Oh my, who knew convincing the world to follow me, would be this difficult? Healthy snacks aside, I found blueberry bushes 2/10.00 in the garden section! I bought two to plant at my parent's house and we are going to have a blueberry planting good time tomorrow. I can't wait until they produce, I'm thinking blueberry jam, blueberry muffins, blueberry pie, cobbler, smoothies, I don't even know, I just know I'm excited! The herb show is in a couple of weeks also and I think I'm going to buy raspberry and blackberry bushes too, I'm ready to garden! As for my raw plans for the night, boring again, salad with portabellas and avocados, I think if I were to embrace the raw food diet, I would just end up eating guacamole every single night, I like to cook too much! I like to smell things in the oven, nope, not a good rawist.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: