Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 79 This Search Party Deserves A Whole Jar Of Cookies

This has nothing to do with food, but everything to do with my state of mind at the moment, as I sit here, in my living room, listening to Spring outside my open window, I hear several little children discussing my note regarding my missing pooperscooper. The note reads: "To whomever took my pooperscooper: I'm sorry that you felt the need to steal from me, I probably would have given it to you, had you asked. I'm having a really crappy week and I really liked my pooperscooper, please return it so that Karma does not rain down upon you." The kids thought the crappy week part was funny and they decided to form a search party to look for it, I even heard one of them tell his dad that I was having a crappy week to justify, leaving the yard to join the party. I have to say that I have been more upset about my missing pooperscooper than about my car but this little gesture makes me smile. I wish I had something to give them as a reward, at the moment, I have nothing, so I went outside and thanked them for looking, we have to encourage these kinds of things.
Tonight I made a dish that started out as one thing but evolved into something else. I started with butternut squash, baking in a pan, I added water, oil, and garlic, as well as the frozen vegetables I have been using this week, chipolte style. While the vegetables were cooking, I added rice and some other spices. The end result was pretty good and I have enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow, not very exciting but good stuff none the less. Perhaps I'll have to make some cookies or cupcakes for the little darlings who bring my scooper home.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: