Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 82 Nothing Says Jolly Like A Brown Rice Birthday

Today, I got my car back and finally made it to the grocery store, it was getting down to slip pickins in the kitchen, with two pieces of bread fighting for territory and one last egg eyeballing me from the carton. So, I live to fight another day and to griddle another flapjack. This week's recipes are going to be simple, fast, cheap, and healthy, I have some brown rice which will be the basis for all of my ideas this week, brown rice and vegetables, brown rice and Tofu...you know you want some. Basically, I'm using Abbie Hoffman's cheap chow recipes from Steal This Book, everything is basically just that, brown rice and vegetables, he also has a recipe for yogurt, but I'm not so sure on that one. This week is about living cheap and stretching a noodle, maybe I can be one of those people who manages to eat on like less than a dollar a day.
Tomorrow is my brother's 18th birthday and my mom's 55th, I was going to go all crazy with the cooking and the baking and the buying, but it looks like my transmission dollars trump gifts and food. Plus, my mom is making my brother two desserts already, he couldn't decide if he wanted cheesecake or some weird dessert bars made from Peanut butter cups, so he ordered both. My celebration contribution may have to be beans and rice and a lighter flame for a wish, I think everyone should have a thrifty sister like myself.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: