Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 101 The Sneaky Garden Pumpkin

Today, I was surprised at work, with a homemade 100 day mile marker cake! It was delicious, I ate it for breakfast and for lunch....and for snack. I left it on my desk for fear that I would finish it for dinner and that's just unacceptable. After the cake, someone else gave me some really fancy sweet and spicy trail mix, it was a great day all around, gastronomically speaking. After all of the snack activity, I just had a grilled cheese with pickles for dinner and a glass of milk, sometimes less is more. So, this weekend is the weekend I've been waiting for, the Sand Springs Herb Festival! The herb fest has herbs of course, but also anything and everything you could ever wish to plant in a garden. The dirt is ready, now we need plants, we are, against my wishes, going simple this year. My mom says we will plant tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers, how boring is that? I of course get my choice of peppers, so I'm going to research and find the hottest pepper available in this area and also, I'm planting pie pumpkins for fall recipes. I'm going to plant pumpkins, even if I have to sneak them into the ground. By the time my mom finds them, it will be too late, muuhaha! I'm so disappointed, I wanted spinach and eggplant, and watermelons! At least we don't have to waste space on carrots, that would be a terrible move and just plain garden sacrilege.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: