Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92 That's A Mighty Big Pot Of Soup

I just made a pot of soup that probably weighs about 10 gallons, I'm not even making that up. I basically added every vegetable in my kitchen, nary a cabinet or can was missed. I started out with the collard greens and then I found a squash on top of the microwave, well it didn't look right with just those two vegetables, so I added and then I added some more. I added an onion, some fresh green beans, a can of corn, some broccoli, a tomato, and a can of beets. As much as I dislike beets in general, the juice is pretty good for a soup base, not bad at all! In the end, I also threw in the beans and rice I had left over from this week. My soup has two purposes this week. First of all, I will of course eat it today, tomorrow, and Monday, but on Tuesday and Wednesday, I am joining the fast to protest the Republican favored budget cuts, which will literally take food out of people's mouths. So, I will save the broth and only drink water and broth for the two days I have chosen next week, if things go well, I may add a third day. It all kind of falls into place, since Thursday is grocery day and I'm down to the soup anyway. I did find some bread yeast in the cabinet in my search for vegetables, I may make some honey wheat bread on Friday and share it with my neighbors, gotta build that community!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: