Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Days 99 and 100 Corn, It's What's For Dinner

It's good to be back on the blog rolls, after having lost my Internet connection to upwardly mobile neighbors. I am now a paying customer, with a legit connection and everything. So, yesterday was day 99 and today is day 100! Wow, I cannot believe that I have made it this far, I'm almost 1/3 of the way there.
This weekend, I have been really nice to myself and even went down to the farmer's market on Saturday. Let me just say, that the farmer's market is NOT like the farmer's markets back in Indiana. I didn't see one single Amish family selling cinnamon rolls and nary a hippie in sight was playing the sitar (google it), in fact, there were no hippies in sight at all. There was no music, no incense, no art!  There were also no vegetables, there were lots of old ladies selling tomato plants and pepper plants, soap, and lots of other plants but there was not one bin of vegetables. I know, I know, it's still really early, but I really wanted some fresh veggies! Not even a cob of corn, I tell you. So, alas, I walked through the farmer's market in about 30 seconds and went to the grocery store instead, where I bought some corn on the cob. It was the best corn on the planet, until today, when I had the same thing for lunch at my Grandmother's, we all sat at the table chipmunking our corn and licking our fingers, it was spectacular! I could eat fresh corn every day of my life and never get tired of it. I can't wait for veggie season with all of the fresh stuff to come, let's get it in the ground and get going! I'm starving!

www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: