Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 118 Torture Me With Nachos

Today, I was tortured by a staff lunch with co-workers and redeemed with my own masterful dinner made in memory of that rejected meal. My boss hates this challenge because it makes her feel guilty to eat in front of me, during staff events. Once again, I assured her that I don't care if others enjoy restaurant food in my presence, I'm just not going to join in. So, the decision was made to convene our meeting at the Mexican joint across the street from our office, I went along but of course did not order. Let me just say that it smelled divine and the warm chips were sitting just to my right, close enough to snatch one if I had wanted to. The tortillas, the cheese, the fajitas, the guacamole, made me want to abandon this stupid challenge and call it 117 days down and a success. I did not give in, instead, I decided to plan what I would make for dinner, as the others got their queso on. This evening, I made a big plate of nachos, with a cheese sauce I made myself, black beans, guacamole, and salsa, they were the best nachos ever and I didn't have to share with anyone. Best of all, I ate them, knowing that I didn't have to go back to work when I finished. Another day another lunch, I may make it through this century of a year.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: