Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 93 Budget Cut Protest Fast Coming Up

Today, I am in preparation mode, I'm getting ready for my two day fast and I made my Oklahoma food co-op grocery list for next month. I didn't realize that there were so many options, I thought I would only be able to order vegetables, but no! I added breads, pizza crust, snacks, cheese, yogurt, eggs, all kinds of stuff! There are some things I won't order, like bottled water, I have no problem with tap water and it's free. I also won't buy already made lasagnas and such, which were like 22.00/pan although I did see some vegetarian options, I can make my own for less. I didn't see many vegetables, but it's still early. I did add baby spinach and goat cheese, which sounds like a good start to a fabulous salad. I'm really excited about the cheese and the yogurt...I've always wanted to be a cheese farmer or a butter churner. I was a little disappointed at the lack of fruit, but hey it's Oklahoma and it's April, what do I expect? I'm sure that when summer rolls around, there will be an explosion of berries, which I do not need to order, I can just walk down to the creek on my parent's property and find all the blackberries I want.
In other news, the giant pot of soup I made last night is already boring me, I ate it for lunch and for dinner, hopefully when I get to the fast, I won't miss it too much. Wish me luck, one more day of consumption before I turn off my mouth for two days!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: