Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 91 Blueberries, Greens, And Beans

Today, I needed strength, I needed energy, I needed beans. I ate black beans and rice last night, I ate them this morning and I made a burrito out of them for lunch. I'm like full of beans from my toes on up. I zoomed through my day like a gas powered weed eater, not gonna lie. I'm so stuffed, I probably won't be hungry for the rest of the weekend. This afternoon, after a fabulous meeting with my CEASE crew, I took care of the blueberry bushes, I planted a few weeks ago. The plant lady said NO fertilizer! She said it kind of snarly and half yelled that blueberries hate fertilizer, we were a little ashamed at our lack of fruit bush knowledge as we handed over the money. They only like organic material or compost, so I spread a little vegetable compost on them and they seemed to smile; I think they like living in my mom's yard, I'm pretty sure we save them from a dysfunctional garden. Tomorrow, I'm going to make collard greens, I bought them last weekend and still haven't cooked them, I hope it's not too late. I'm not quite sure how to make them, I'm assuming that I start with a big pot and some water? Seems easy enough, place in pot and boil, I can do that. I'm sure my first attempt at greens will be somewhat of an adventure so here's to good food, good ideas, and a great weekend, I can only hope for a decent meal and or a great story.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: