Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 107 Broken Bunny Pie

Yesterday, at the herb fest was fun, but today I am paying for it dearly. Just for background information, two years ago, I was in a bad accident and broke my leg, as well as some other stuff. I generally can't walk for hours and yet I did yesterday, in the pursuit of hot peppers. Today, I am a gimp with a pirate leg so, I rolled out my trusty chair on wheels and made breakfast, lunch, and dinner from my comfy perch. This reminds me of a recipe I invented, the Christmas after my accident, which was only about one month after it happened. I called it Cripple Christmas pie, because I made the whole thing sitting, I was determined to contribute even in my smashed up state. Since then, I have also made this pie for Easter, as it's more of a spring creation anyway. Here it is:

Cripple Christmas Pie/or Broken Bunny Pie for Easter (if you want to be dull call it a Coconut Pineapple Chess pie)

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 cups of dried coconut
  • 1 unbaked pie crust

Preperation

Heat oven to 325, beat eggs and mix all ingredients except butter. Pour mixture into pie crust and dot the top with butter. Bake until firm and brown, maybe 35 minutes.

Good luck, if you want to be authentic, sit in a rolling kitchen chair or a computer chair, while making this fabulous pie.
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: